Saturday, February 2, 2008

Learning every day.


As all of you know, I recently got promoted to a management position. Last week was my first official week, as a "unit manager". It's all new and very exciting, but a little stressful too. I realized that I'm now going to have to sit down on Sunday nights, and work up "lesson plans" for my week. I also realized that their is only one of me to go around for each agent. I thought about conjuring up some Harry Potter spell to multiply myself, but realized that probably wouldn't work out to good, seeing as though I don't live at Hogwarts, and last time I checked I wasn't a wizard or a witch. I'm very organized usually, so being just a tad bit unorganized bothers me. I also realized last week, that I have people depending on me to teach them everything about the buisness, be a role model, and show them how it's done. Of course I also realize I can't do it for them either. Thank the lord I have such a great support team at work and at home. Everyone is giving me great advice, especially Brent since he's not a freaker(someone who freaks out all the time about nothing in paticular and is prone to fits of crying), a great friend at work who gives me motivational speeches and CD's every time I see him, David for making me laugh until I cry and pee on myself, and all the other wonderful guys and girls that I get to work with everyday.

And this is odd, but thinking of leason plans, brings back fond memories of my daddy who was a history teacher for 17years, sitting up on Sunday nights planning his week. I have to say, thinking of that brings me great comfort, a smile to my face, and an ease, knowing that everything is going to be okay, and that to teach you have to be able to learn too.

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Emily. Your posts are WONDERFUL!!! I have to tell you girl, I want to read more ~ you really do have a knack for writing! It's so good that we can gather good things from everyone in our lives to help us with our day to day ... love you! Dawn

The Feathered Nest said...

Hey, mail me that first chapter!

Lady Em said...

I need to revise the first chapter. It's very very rough right now. And I've been neglecting my writing. I need to get on it!!
Thanks for the wonderful comments, it really mean alot. Love ya'll!!

For Love Of Home said...

Emily, if anyone can do it you can. You are filled with confidence and with a father that was a history teacher, you can't fail. I can't wait to read your first book, or is it smell your first candle???? haha

Lady Em said...

Thanks for all the great support ya'll!! Candles, books, and management, it's all coming soon!!

Unknown said...

congratulation on your promotion.How's that going for you?