Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Bass Man Caught A Big One!!



Brent left at 2:30AM to go to one of his monthly bass tournaments, this time on Santee Cooper is South Carolina. They usually hold a few tournaments out of town through the year. So on two hours of sleep and a lot of excitement he headed off. I usually am not able to talk to him until the tournaments are over and he called me around 5pm this afternoon. Now he's been on the third place streak in the club lately, and I think that is fantastic, but he's been wanting first for awhile now. And guess what ya'll? HE GOT IT!! Now I don't know if ya'll have ever been bass fishing, but those suckers are not easy to catch, especially the big ones, because they usually have anglers figured out. He caught this big girl and WON the tournament. She weighed in at 6Ibs,8oz. She was a big girl, and a beauty at that. I wish I could have been there to see him catch that fish. He told me she put up a fight, and even though bass don't have sharp teeth they still bite down hard. So he's sore and worn out and bitten, but he's on top of the world right now!! I love my bass man Brent-boy!!

3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Awwww Emily!! I didn't see this post last night!!!! I'm soooo glad he WON!!!! She is BIG!!! YOU GO BASSMAN...I LOVE YOU!! mom

Unknown said...

congratulations BassMan!!!
I bet that was a good supper! Please tell me you get to keep the fish you catch!

Tess Kincaid said...

Beautiful bass! I love to fish. Congrats!