Saturday, August 16, 2008

~Book Worm


I am a book worm I admit. I probably should have been a librarian, or maybe I will just become one. I love children's books that make you think. One of my favorites is A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle. I just finished reading it again for the fiftieth time I am sure. I however didn't know that their were more books in the quintet until one of my best friends told me on the phone, I about keeled over from excitement. So while at the bookstore last week I picked up the second in the series. I would have bought the others, but the second was all they had, I think I was meant to have it. I just finished it, and it was just as amazing as the first. I love getting lost in a book!!!!!!

"You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you."
- Madeleine L'Engle, 
A Wrinkle in Time

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book changed my young life!!! So nice to think about that again :-) Thank you Sugar!

Tess Kincaid said...

I have a terrible weakness for children's books and always keep an eye out for those that bring back memories or have beautiful illustrations.

Now you have a good excuse to collect them! :)

Unknown said...

I must read this book, it's been ages since I last read it. I did go to the library and start checking out other books by her. She wrote a couple of wonderful nonfiction ones as well.

So you like the scent of coffee during your hormone laden state? I knew I was pregnant for sure when the smell of coffee made me nauseous. Thank God I got over that!:)

Carrie said...

I loved her books too. Swiftly Tilting Planet haunted me. I also love The Arm of the Starfish. Which was a different series.

A Brush with Color said...

A Wrinkle in Time??!! I loved that book as a child. One of my all-time favorites. Madeleine L'Engle just died I believe this past year...sad. She wrote wonderful books. Congratulations on your baby! How lovely for you...