Saturday, August 23, 2008

~I'm throwing in the towel, and the mop and the broom




I will gladly come and clean your house, and enjoy every second of it, but when it comes to my own you can forget it. For some reason when it comes to cleaning my house I get so overly frustrated, I end up stomping around about ready to pull my hair out!!!!! I love a clean house, but when it comes to the cleaning I turn my nose up at it. Now I am not afraid to get dirty, scrub the bathtub, or clean the fridge, I just get plain overwhelmed. When I start cleaning my house, I somehow convince myself that no matter how long or hard I clean it will always always be dirty and something else will always need cleaning. It really feels like a never ending story. Maybe it's due to the fact that every time you go outside here, you end up tracking in sand no matter how hard you try not to. Or maybe it's the climate, and for some reason I don't associate hot and humid with being clean. Or maybe I should just blame my mama and my grandma for having ridiculously clean houses, I mean impeccably clean houses, all the time. Of course when I think about it they are a little obsessive compulsive about their houses. I need a maid or a bull dozer. Maybe one day soon I will be able to find my cleaning zen and get this house in tip top shape.

11 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Just wait until that "nesting instict" kicks in about your 8th month! :)

Rae said...

Oh, I hear ya. I love a sparkly house, but it never stays that way, so why bother?

Tess Kincaid said...

I always say I like a comfortable house, not a sterile house like my mother used to keep! Besides, I am comfortable with a certain amount of my stuff/junk around me. ;)

Sometimes It's Good said...

I truly understand. I feel exactly the same way. Right now my house is at it's worst. Sort of early Ma and Pa Kettle (before your time...actually before my time, too). I'm expecting a goat or a chicken to walk in and I live in a city.

Carrie said...

Amen Sister! How about you come clean my house, I come clean your house?

Margaret said...

Ah, so true. It's really hard to see progress when you're cleaning your own house!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

I use to be a great housekeeper,Not now.To many years of cleaning, I guess.I was reading your last post,that was funny,I was born and raised in New Orleans.I live with that everyday.We may be getting hammered again with Gustav.My brother also lives in florida.(Lake City)Good luck to your funny dad.Hugs Marie Antionette

Betsy Brock said...

Hey, did you fall into your mop bucket? How's the little mama doing?

kari and kijsa said...

Amen sister!
Thank you for all your prayers and blessings!
Have a wonderful Labor Day,
kari & kijsa

amanda said...

It's always easier to clean someone else's mess! I came home from helping my sister, and have turned my own house into a disaster area! Go figure!

Amanda:)

Unknown said...

I could have written this post!
I feel you're pain!