Tuesday, September 2, 2008

~Hurricane Highway


So I didn't fall in my mop bucket, I think Betsy was worried about that, but I have been busy with work and sick with the nice congestion that pregnancy brings. We went to the OB last Wednesday, and we got to hear the heartbeat!!!!!! She told me we might not be able to hear it because I was only a little over 10 weeks, but as soon as she put the Doppler on my belly we heard our babe's heartbeat for the first time. It was absolutely amazing!! First we heard my ultra loud heartbeat and then right after the babe's. It was the coolest thing to hear, the heartbeat of our little one. I wish I could hear it everyday.
Well ya'll it looks like we might be getting slammed by a hurricane on late Thursday or Friday. If ya'll have been watching the weather channel or the news I'm sure you've seen it to. Hurricane Hanna, which keeps going between a tropical storm and hurricane is barreling towards us. It's been slowed down by Gustav, but now that Gustav is moving out, Hanna is gaining strength. I was shocked when I saw the projected path. Savannah is usually pretty safe because we are tucked away and we have a ton of marsh land. The last hurricane to hit Savannah was hurricane David in 1979, and even then it wasn't a direct hit. Savannah has a horrible problem with flooding due to our ancient sewer systems, and that is one of my biggest concerns right now. So ya'll I have to say I am nervous. We will be packing up and heading to Atlanta if it looks like it's going to get bad down here. It looks like I might have to come up with my own hurricane list soon.

5 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Hey, stay safe lady! Batton down the hatches or move to dryer land. Your in my thoughts and prayers!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweetie, y'all come on!!!! I'm ready...I would love to see you, your little belly, Brent and the pups (grab David too)!! I just love hearing the heartbeat Emily! It's so much faster that ours isn't it? Just wait till you see the lil' dumplin' on the ultrasound screen next time! much love, Dawn

Sarah said...

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. That rhymes!!! Well anyway hello!!!

Stay safe!!

Betsy Brock said...

I'm glad you haven't been cleaning all this time! Yes, watch out for those hurricanes! Be safe!

Bebe said...

Hi Emily!
It was so good to hear that the baby is doing fine!! I didn't know you were expecting until the other day when I read Dawn's blog about it. Congratulations!! I know the baby is going to be a cutie pie!!

Aren't these storms terrible? I feel like we are playing dodgeball this year. It looks like maybe old Hanna will just skirt us along the coast and won't be too bad. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it makes a turn back out and heads away from GA. This waiting and worrying can really wear you down!! Be safe up there in Savannah!!

Lots of hugs, Bebe :)