Monday, January 7, 2008

Exciting news!!

Exciting news!! Today one of my co-workers, who is also a dear and close friend to Brent and I, was placing an add in the newspaper. Well the women that came out to see him, must have said something to strike his fancy, because he told her all about my candle making. It's funny because she sat down in his office and he called me in to meet her, and the first thing she asked was if the candle on the desk was one of mine. I laughed and said no, I don't think I'm quite up there with the professionals yet, but she was interested and I gave her a business card, and my blog address. How exciting is that?! I was all smiles for the rest of the afternoon. I can't wait to start making some more candles. I haven't had the time with all the hustle and bustle in the insurance business after the new year. But that really struck a strong cord, and I am ready to dive in. I love what I do, but I would really really love to have a candle business on the side, something that I could do to nurture my creative side. I'm just so excited!! You'll have to excuse me, I am quite the dork. I've even been thinking about getting some business cards made, so I can start networking. Hope all is well with everyone!!

~Emily~

2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

HOW COOL!!! You see sweetie, all it takes is a little spark, a little fanning of the smoke, a positive comment, an encouraging word and your little ideas will transform into a wonderful bonfire of creativity!!! I'm your biggest cheerleader ~ xxoo, Dawn

For Love Of Home said...

How exciting Emily, everyday a door opens, we just have to know when to step through. I can't wait to try one of yours out.
Good luck
Cindy