Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cut and Paste

I've taken a recent interest in making collages. Seriously folks I never thought of a collage as art. I know some of you are probably shaking your head right about now. In art class when I was in school I sure loved to make them, and all through the years my favorite thing to do when feeling crafty was grab some canvas and paste away. Looking at all the beautiful blogs that I have visited and especially looking at Mrs. Dawn's ("Dawn"), artwork has given me a ton of ideas. I've made a few recently, some better than others, and I'm just experimenting to find what works for me. I sat down with a glass of red wine tonight and went to work on a new collage. I'll post a picture when I put the finishing touches on it. And for further reference for myself, I guess you can't put art in a box!!

2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

I can't wait to see! I already love the collage that you've posted a photo of!! Don't worry, Emily, you just call me Dawn, OK? The fun thing about collage is that there is no hard and fast rule on what is the correct way to do it ~ you follow your heart and own eye! xxoo, Dawn

Lady Em said...

I'm collage crazy right now!!