Saturday, January 26, 2008

Watch out Donald Trump, here I come!!

I haven't posted in the longest time! I recently got a promotion at work, and let's just say I have been working my buns off! I 'm really excited and really nervous, but I think that just goes with the territory. Most of all, I'm going from doing my own thing, to becoming a teacher, coach, and motivator for a team of people. So bookstore here I come!!
I just got my own office. We actually have two offices right across from one another in the same building. Our main office that is new and has been redone, and our old office that looks like a version of "Welcome back Cotter". That is my office, since it's quiet and I can get alot of work done. The only thing is, it's UGLY! My secretary who is also like a third mom to me is an interior designer, and next weekend we are going to tackle the ugly office. We've planned it out already, and we are so excited, because decorating is mine and her favorite thing to do. And thank the good lord she is a professional, because I don't know the first thing about painting wood panelling and textured wallpaper. I'll post a before and after picture, so ya'll can see the results. If anyone has any words of wisdom on management and decorating/updating please feel free to share.

1 comment:

For Love Of Home said...

Congratulations Emily! How exciting is that, I am sure you will be amazing in your new position. And how great is it that your secretary is an interior designer...can't wait to see the photos.
Cindy