Friday, January 11, 2008

"These are a few of my favorite things...."
















These are just a few of my favorite things around my house. The old windows came out of a kitchen hutch in my old neighbors house. When he passed away and they decided to redo his apartment, I salvaged them, as something to rememeber him by. The green man is something that I have had for years. My mom found him for me when I was seventeen. Sometimes I'm convinced he watches me, he's even scared a few people that have come to the house and catch a face out of the corner of their eye. The little collage is just something that I made one night, I'm not much of an artist, but I do love to create little things. The green shutters, there actually two, is something that Brent brought home with him one day. I love cool, old beat up stuff. The old fan came from Brent's parents, I have a thing for old fans and old maps. And the old coke crate is full of old bass lures, it sits on my mantel, and that was Brent's creation, and I love it. The statue of a man, is actually a lamp, the first thing I got at my first antique auction in Griffin, GA. The old clock came out of The Plum Tree, I swear one day their going to find that I moved in there! The finial came out of a old barn next to an apartment building Brent and I were searching through the summer we first met. The buddha head is actually a book end, I saw the pair and fell in love. The apocathary jar was a Christmas present from one of Brent's brothers, I filled it with lavender, and put in the B&E(Brent and Emily), another wonderful Christmas present from one of his other brother's.
Please bare with me as the pictures are not that great, and I'm still trying to figure this blog thing out, but loving every minute of it!!

4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

I love your favorite things, too!! What a beautiful idea to display your lavender and initials together...you so have the "touch" ~ xxoo, Dawn

The Feathered Nest said...

OMGoodness, Emily! I LOVE THAT COLLAGE! You are really talented!! I love every one of these things....did you get the beebox pic? xxoo, Dawn

Lady Em said...

I did, thanks so much for sending it!! We still don't have a printer yet, so when we get one I can print it out and use it for something.

For Love Of Home said...

Emily,
I don't know much about dog behavior because my two have never behaved. Sadie will protect me always and Jack will love me always, what else could you ask for? I love the old photo above too, but I wanted to comment on your beautiful home. I love all of your favorite things, isn't it nice to surround yourself with the things you love, what a cozy feeling it gives. Also I just posted about the same thing before I looked at yours.
Cindy