Friday, January 11, 2008

I guess I need to watch more of the dog whisperer.

I guess I need to watch the dog whisperer a little bit more. Gretta Belle, as sweet as she looks, and as sweet as she is, most of the time, has quite the ferocious side. She has taken a strong dislike to a good friend of ours who spends alot of time at our house. Of course this could be because he stomped at her the other night. She is either being protective of me, or she's scared, because every time our friend comes over, she just barks and growls, and throws a fit. The past couple of days she's been barking at Brent, and she stops when he comes over to her. She's very protective of Lola to. Our friend was petting Lola, and Gretta threw a fit. That I think is a good thing though, I'm glad that they have developed a bond. She loves David, who is Brent's brother and lives with us. She'll go right up to him, and give him puppy kisses. She likes to sit on Lola and Brinkley, and is always with one of them. I'm just not quite sure what to do about the barking/growling issue. I don't want to go home, and have this little dog growling at everyone. Does anybody have any suggestions? Should I call Ceasar?
P.S. Blogging is addictive.

3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Tough love my sweetie. You have to be head of the pack, not her. Just like a child, if you let her get away with the behavior she will continue it and possibly get worse. Ellie reacts very well to my voice and Dennis' too. But if she is wild and ugly she goes into time out in the crate. Do you think Caesar would agree? I love that show! xxoo, Dawn

Lady Em said...

Tough love I know, it's hard for me. But it's got to happen, thanks for the advice.

The Feathered Nest said...

I know. It's kinda like asking you to act like Brent! :( xxoo, Dawn