Monday, March 24, 2008

And Stretch....


Well ya'll, I've been thinking....

I've been thinking that since I'm still trying to lose ten more pounds, and my stress level is higher than a cat's back most of the time, I should take up yoga, again. Now I have to tell you that five years ago I was a yoga queen. I would get my disciplined butt up in the morning, do an hour of yoga, go about my day, come home and do an hour of yoga at night. Yes I was determined and disciplined, and incredibly skinny and in shape. I also was very calm, and after a stressful day I looked forward to coming home to an hour of quiet yoga. (Except for that one time that I got stuck in a new pose I was trying out and my mom had to help me get out of it). So as it usually does, life happened and yoga got pushed to the way side, something I should have never let happen.

Now days I can only dream about getting into a full downward dog pose. I've been thinking about yoga alot lately. My mom always tells me I need to go back to it. So I'm going to make a pact with myself, and try to do yoga at least three times a week. Even if that means I have to get up at the crack of dawn. Mrs. Hippy Chick, I am using you as a role model to get up early and work out, I don't know how you do it, but I salute you. This just isn't about weight lose to me, even though that is a big part. This is about getting myself in a better state of mind, trying to find some other ways to control anxiety attacks, and to make my body and my mind feel better.

So ya'll wish me luck. I'll keep you up to date on my progress. Who knows maybe I'll end up teaching yoga classes like I always wanted to do way back when....

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Good luck! I completely agree that de-stressing is the key to the last ten pounds!
~Margaret

Unknown said...

Go for it girl... you'll only be smug and self-satisfied and your body will feel good. What's to lose?
My calf muscle injury still won't let me do much...
Wahhh!!!

Unknown said...

Omgosh..
I had a fight with my hair this morning and my hair won...I'm wearing a hat today.
Believe me, if I hadn't been running so tight on time to get to work...
I would have no hair right now.