Friday, March 14, 2008

"God's voice speaks to the listening heart."




































These pictures were taken in a Catholic Church in downtown Savannah. I grew up in my grandparents church, and ever since I was a little girl churches have fascinated me, as well as religion. Everyone on my mother's side of the family is a minister, including my grandmother. I have been to so many churches while growing up, and every single one has left a lasting impression on me. My mom and I like to explore churches and graveyards when ever we get together, weird to some, but really interesting and exciting to us. These pictures are not the best, but the experience was very emotional for me. Every time I enter a church I feel closer to God, and their is a peace that comes over me.
I would recommend visiting if you're ever in Savannah. It's so beautiful!!





























4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are really lovely photos! I love going in churches as well. Sacred halls, they are.
We were at the bamboo gardens Saturday. I'll have pics soon, although I didn't take very many after all.
I got my magazine fix at B and N, so I'm a happy girl.

Lady Em said...

I've never been to the bamboo gardens, although I always have wanted to. Barnes&Noble has an awesome magazine selection!!

reagan said...

Wonderful pictures! I just love old churches, we went to one in NYC a couple of years ago. It was huge and ornate, and made you feel the need to whisper.
Pam

Lady Em said...

I love old churches, their is something so peaceful, mystical, and magical about them.