Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Little Garden.









This is a window box that Brent made me a couple of years ago out of an old door, and he kept the old handle on there for me as well. Right now it's a home to my sage plant












Brent and I spent the day at home instead of work, I think we both just decided not to get out of bed this morning. Mutual agreement, we wanted to sleep. Anyway Brent is such a turd sometimes, he cracks me up. He told me that he had to go to Home Depot to get wood to build the deck of the boat he's redoing. So I said whatever and went back to dream land, where I like to stay in the morning. Then two hours later he calls me and demands that I help him work on the boat, even though I had told him that the house needed cleaning, and laundry doesn't do itself, unfortunately. So he said put work clothes on and get your butt out the door I'm pulling up. By this time I was ready to declare war, and utterly refuse to help with the boat. Well he does this to me all the time, makes me real mad, and then surprises me with gifts that I love. He opened the back door to the SUV and there sat a ton of flowers for me to plant. Then the goob looked at me and said, oh by the way you don't have to help with the boat, I was just trying to get you out here. One time we were in a full out fight on the phone, he's aggravating me the whole dang time, and he pulls up in the driveway, comes inside, tells me to go get the groceries out of the car, and as I walk out the front door fuming, I notice that their is the big, comfy, leather chair, that I had been going nuts to get. He's an aggravater, but lord knows I love his stinky butt!!
So anyway, I get to planting, something that I love to do. Now we rent, so I try to make sure that everything I plant is in pots. It's a small little garden right now, but hopefully it will start to take full bloom, and I'll add some more plants and flowers as I go along. I love digging in the dirt, so that's what I did all day long. You'll have to excuse the pictures, I can't take a picture to save my life, that's David's forte'. I eventually want it to look like a miniature secret garden. And I've planted some herbs, so hopefully they'll start to make an appearance soon. I sure do love an herb garden!!

4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Awww. Emily it looks WONDERFUL!!!! He does have a way about him now doesn't he!!! I love it all, and it turned out looking so nice on your steps, too...now we can look forward to vacation together!!!! While they fish one day, let's see, Books-a-Million, that antiquey junk store you took me to before, how bout some thriftin' too!! xxoo, Dawn

Lady Em said...

That sounds awesome!! We should do some ghost investigations as well!!

Tanya Breese said...

Your garden looks great! I started an herb garden, but so far lost my rosemary and basil. Looks like my basil might come back but not sure about the rosemary :(
I did plant a bunch of lavender though that is doing good! I just love lavender!
How sweet of your boyfriend to surprise you so much!

Unknown said...

There's a plant sale tomorrow, I want some pots like yours! Love your secret garden. I really like that cup in that one pot. Cool idea.