Friday, March 14, 2008

So it begins....

I stirred dizzy and blurry, hearing faint voices all around me.
"I think she'll be fine, just let her come around," someone said in a small English accent that I didn't recognize.
"Yes but she has a nasty looking bump on her head, are you sure she will be okay?" That was my grandmother from what I could gather in my hazy state.
"Ah a bump and that is it, better than a gash or worse, well you understand." The little English accent said again.
"Well Magda I think she is fine, let's just give her a minute." This was my grandfather, and not speaking in rhyme?
I tried to sit up, no that wasn't going to happen so soon, I moved my fingers, some feeling, and then I felt the throbbing pain in the back of my head, oh I must have fallen hard I thought.
"Oh look now she's a stirring. I better get a move on, don't want to scare the poor dear anymore."
And as the small English voice said this I opened my eyes to a blur of my grandmother, grandfather, and a strange little man retreating with a red pointed hat on.
"Grandma, grandpa?"
My grandmother knelt down and looked at me with kindness in her eyes, something I rarely saw.
"Oh my Emily Jane I'm so sorry, I should have told you a long time ago."
"Told me what grandma?" I said with a weak voice, still barely conscious from the fall.
"Well my dear child, tell you about, well fairy."
"Fairy?" I said as I slowly fell back into unconsciousness, where dreams came swiftly of wings and gnomes, ghosts and far off lands.

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Oh my.. you just grabbed me! Now I have to shuffle back through your blog to find out what's going on!
Lovely words..
:) Abbie

Lady Em said...

Thank you!!

Ottilias Veranda said...

Well Hi there Lady Em!
Thanks for visiting my place and for Your kind words. This is a great story! I love your really good dialogs! I´ll be waiting for the story to continue. As for my story I wish I could copy myself: one that goes to work earning the money we need, one that stayed at home writing and creating beautiful images and one staying at home with the kids! Unsolvable equation! There is only one me but I´m working on it!

Hugs
Liisa

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh sweet Emily, this is wonderful!!! Keep going girl this is so very good...such great pictures of Brent!...I miss you all so much ~ xxoo, Dawn