Tuesday, April 8, 2008

432 Abercorn Starts To Unfold.

More bits and pieces have come my way about 432 Abercorn Street. I never thought this house could fascinate so many, but it has, and I'm sure it will continue to.
Raven at http://oneidiotstale.blogspot.com/ came to Savannah recently on vacation and contacted me regarding 432. She was just as freaked out by the house as I have been. She sent me a link this morning http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=RtmO-Xvh4n8C&dq=the+national+trust+guide+to+savannah&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=hNfzNP9kik&sig=CbRNngcSKE7s_6VZkOKK103sY5o which is The National Trust Guide to Savannah, and includes pictures and information regarding the house.
Also Professor got in touch with me, and let me know it was okay to give out his name, so I don't have to keep calling him Professor, even though I've grown quite fond of just calling him Professor. Anyway, his name is Professor Jeffery Wells, and he is planning a trip to Savannah in the near future to do some research and investigating on the house. I hope to meet him when he visits, so I can drive him nuts with questions and then take tons of pictures to post and let ya'll get in on the mystery of the house to!!
I also spoke with that "blue-blooded" coworker I was telling ya'll about today, and he didn't have any idea what in the heavens I was talking about when I said "432 Abercorn," but lord did he know when I started in with the story. He personally didn't know more than me about it, but he told me that he would find out more information for me, and I trust him with that, because one thing about Savannah is, everyone has a story, and everyone is willing to tell you their version of it, especially after one or two liquor drinks.
Their is also a quick little video showing 432 on You-Tube with one very interesting comment made, and I can't figure out whether the wind was moving those big ol' doors or something else. Personally, I'm going to go with something else. Take a peek and let me know what you think. Very interesting stuff indeed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX2wmazmMpo
I'll keep you up to date on anymore findings, it's getting interesting and it's definitely got me on the edge of my seat!!

10 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi little Lady Em!!! This house is so dern spooky! I'm kinda scared to find out what all's happened in there....love the little hill house picture below...looks like fairies should live there! miss you, xxoo, Dawn

Rae said...

I am so happy that 'the investigation' is on its way. I simply cannot get that house out of my mind!!!

This video supports one of the guide's tall tales, which therefore gives credence to everything else she said.

According to her, there was a guy on one of her tours who was a complete skeptic. He had obviously come along just to appease his wife and daughter and there was much eye rolling from him. Then, they got to this house. As the guide spun the stories, she saw him looking at the house intently, his expression widening, and then he moved quickly to another location, still staring at the house.

She ignored him, but did go up to him after the tour. He said that he had seen one of the exterior doors leading to the garden open, and then shut. He hadn't seen anybody, and there was no wind that night. He'd been made a believer.

Hmm....

Lady Em said...

That's funny, when I was taking pictures there, one of the garden doors kept opening and closing by itself as if someone was moving it, and the wind was blocked from that area. Well what we do know is this house is haunted. The question is what's the story? Who haunting it? Or what is haunting it?

Tess Kincaid said...

Willow Manor is haunted. We don't have any photos, but after living here for 20 years, we definitely know what sounds are the normal creaks of an old house and what aren't. The kids have all seen the old lady who died here years ago, always late at night between 3:00 and 5:00 am. That is also when she can be heard coming down the front steps.

And since you are interested in this subject, take a look at this photo on my blog and zoom into the upstairs window in the house. Let me know if you can see anything. :)

http://willowmanor.blogspot.com/2008/03/grandpa.html

Tess Kincaid said...

Willow Manor is haunted. We don't have any photos, but after living here for 20 years, we definitely know what sounds are the normal creaks of an old house and what aren't. The kids have all seen the old lady who died here years ago, always late at night between 3:00 and 5:00 am. That is also when she can be heard coming down the front steps.

And since you are interested in this subject, take a look at this photo on my blog and zoom into the upstairs window in the house. Let me know if you can see anything. :)

http://willowmanor.blogspot.com/2008/03/grandpa.html

Tess Kincaid said...

PS~~the house in the picture is not Willow Manor, by the way!

kari and kijsa said...

Okay...this is really spooky! Keep us posted! We are going over to willow's blog to check out the other house.

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Lady Lavona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fete et Fleur said...

I am completely intrigued.

Nancy

Rachel Maurer said...

Hi...I came across your blog when I googled "432 Abercorn St. Savannah, GA". We just visited Savannah and took a tour that told us a story about that house, and it was really creepy. The next night we went back and took more pictures and something interested showed up in them. We tried to view the youtube video you linked but were not able to...is there anything we can do to be able to view it?

Thanks,
Rachel