Sunday, April 6, 2008

Oh Laundry how you bore me so.


It's been a quiet Sunday morning here. I got up and bathed all the dogs this morning which is quite the task due to the fact that they don't like to cooperate with me. Thank the good Lord the last dog to bathe is little Gretta Belle, because between an English bulldog and then a boxer I am plum worn out!! Living is Savannah this time of year is more like living in a swamp. Our house is actually built on old marsh land, and the fleas here are unbearable, along with the dreaded sand-gnats, or "no see-ums" as we like to call them. They will eat you alive, and you won't catch a glimpse of them, you'll just be covered in head to toe bites.

Well unfortunately my washer and dryer reside outside in our little shed, and I have to tell you I dread it. I know I'm whining like a baby, but sometimes you just have to. I don't like doing laundry anyways, it's not my favorite thing, although I do like clean clothes and sheets, and big fluffy warm towels. But trudging out to the shed to do laundry, and going back and forth all day is a pain in my butt. I keep trying to talk Brent into hooking up the washer and dryer in the house, but he has yet to surprise me with this.

I dream of a brand new washer and dryer from Lowe's, fabric softener galore and dryer sheets that smell like home.

3 comments:

Ottilias Veranda said...

Hi
Laundry is Not my favorite thing either!! Ok for putting into the washing maschine and hanging it up to dry...but then!! Ironing and folding ...
There are so many other better things to do!!

And my mashine is indoors!

Liisa

Jenny said...

I hate laundry too! We had our washer and dryer in the basement when we lived in MA. It was so cold!
Once I left a load of wet clothes in the basket, why I don''t know, but when I came back they were a nice frozen pile!

Jen

Unknown said...

I love doing laundry, I hate folding a putting away. I think what I love so much is the way it smells so fresh and clean. I'm glad my machines are inside, but they are in a small closet in the middle of the house. Clothes are always piled in the hall! I pine for a true laundry room!