Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Blogger Award!!


Well ya'll I'm back, after being under the weather for a whole dang week!! I got a nasty kidney infection and have sworn off my habit of drinking diet coke like it's going out of style. My doctor said it could be the culprit for the nice infection that rendered me bed bound for three days.

Anyway I received my first blogger award ever from http://ottiliasveranda.blogspot.com/praising my writing!! Lord knows I can't express how much that means to me! I'm a little self-conscious about my writing, and to have a friend in Sweden that is in the process of writing a wonderful story as well means so very much to me. And a big thank you to everyone who has commented and praised my writing. Thank you so much, it just pushes me to write more!! I'm so glad that ya'll enjoy my stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

So the rules are, I am to give this award to five blogger friends who I deem worthy of it, and the reason why. It's gonna be hard but here it goes.

1. First and foremost Mrs. Dawn at http://www.the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com/ for getting me hooked on blogging in the first place, making such incredible art that is taking flight in all directions right now, you're art and blog has actually sprouted wings, I'm convinced!! For pushing me to make a dream a reality, and showing me that I can actually do it, to you I say thank you and give you this award.


2. To The Hippie Chick-http://angeljoy-hippychick.blogspot.com/ for keeping me on my toes with your posts. I never know what I'm going to learn when I read them. For having an open mind, looking at the world with an awesome, creative eye, writing wonderful blogs, and getting up at 5am to workout. Lady you kick major butt!!


3. To http://www.intothehermitage.blogspot.com/for some of the most amazing artwork I have ever seen. Visiting your blog is like taking a trip to a fairy realm. When I look at your paintings and blog I see magic, and know it's real. Thank you for sharing your beauty with me, I sure do appreciate it!


4. To http://www.plumtreeantiques.blogspot.com/ for being the best antique store EVER. And for smelling just like my grandma's house! For all the wonderful art and cool stuff I find ever time I visit. And to Mrs. Cindy for having an amazing eye!! I look forward to my trips to the store.


5. And last but not least to http://mabelshouse.blogspot.com/. I've stumbled upon your blog just recently and I love it!! Also I am inspired knowing that you have just finished writing your first book, and I can't wait to read it!!

Please add these awards to your pages!! Ya'll deserve them!!






So that's it for now. I hope everyone has had a good week, and having a great weekend!!

4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

You're such an angel dear Emily. Thank you so very much....this means so much to me!!! Especially coming from you. Your writing is amazing and you must cultivate it and pursue it, it is what you love and you are excellent at it!!!!!

If you would like to link to these blogs that you've awarded do this:

Go to their blog and highlight your browser that has their web address. Copy it.

Then after you have typed your text into your post, highlight their name, and up where you can select a font and size you will see a little icon of a chain or link. Click on that.

Then in the tiny window paste the web address of that particular blog. Then a link will be added to their name!!!

I hope this helped sweetie, email me if you need anymore help!!

Thank you again, much love to you,
Tell my boys I love them too,
xxoo,
Dawn

Lady Em said...

Thanks, I was trying to figure that out.

Unknown said...

My FIRST award! Thanks so much Lady Em! You should see me. I'm grinnin' like an idiot, and I had to show my hubby: "Look! I got an AWARD!" I wonder if I can put that on my page?

THANKS!!

Rima Staines said...

Thank you so Much Lady Em :) I do so appreciate your sweet words.. and am touched that you find my blog an inspiring place to wander...
Wishing you health and a happy weekend
Rima