Sunday, April 20, 2008

Finding Myself Wandering A Hidden Path.


Well ya'll might be sick of me going on about ghosts, but I have to say they have become my favorite subject to explore as of late. I usually get like this, I'll immerse myself in a subject and not come out until I feel like I've fully schooled myself on that subject. And ghost/paranormal/spirits it has been.



My family and I have always taken such an interest in the subject, especially my mom, sister and I which I have mentioned before. Coming from a family of preachers and nurses, the spirit world has always been something that we've fully believed in, experienced, and somewhat timidly explored. It seems that as we get older, we are drawn to it more, and I'm starting to wonder if it is drawn to us more. Now I'm going out on a limb here, so ya'll don't make fun of me. Anyway, I've always been able to sense things that couldn't be seen, my whole family is this way, especially my mom and sister. We've gone to certain places and all have gotten the same feeling, this I experienced with my mom at a what we think now was a haunted bed and breakfast we were staying at in a little town in Texas one summer. As soon as we stepped foot in that house, my mom and I got chills. Now being a rebellious teen at the time, I made no mention of it, and just tried to shrug it off. And guess who got to sleep upstairs the first night all by herself, me, because no one else would sleep up there with me!! Let's just say it wasn't a pleasant night, and I refused to sleep up there alone for the rest of the trip. Years later my mom and I discussed this in detail, and she said that she felt so cold in the house, just as I and my sister and even my little brother had. We felt like the old photographs on the wall were watching us. Pretty creepy stuff!! Experiences like this have happened throughout my life, and when they've happened I've always thought on them long and hard, and couldn't come to any other conclusion but my first thought, which is, well it must have been a "ghost."

So, I'm finding myself testing the waters more and more each day, and getting braver as I go, because one of our biggest fears I think as humans, is the unknown. And that is exactly what I am exploring, the unknown. The world of spirits and ghosts, and strange happening's has fascinated me, and has me wrapped around it's finger like a string. So here I go on a wild adventure. I don't know where it will lead me, what I will learn(even though I know I will learn something), what I will see, and eventually when I emerge whether or not I will have a much different perspective. So ya'll bare with me, because I'm sure I'll be flooding you with pictures, telling you stories( some thrilling I hope), and asking for your honest opinion. I'm excited and nervous all at once. I'm on the edge of the cliff, and I am now ready to jump off. Wish me luck, and happy haunting!!


3 comments:

Margaret said...

Hmm. it certainly sounds exciting!

Tess Kincaid said...

Hey, Em, come on over to Willow Manor. I have a ghost post for you! ;)

Tess Kincaid said...

I share the same intuitive "sense" that you describe in this post. And, like you, I'm not sure exactly what to think about ghosts. They don't exactly fit in with the theology that I grew up with. But then, a lot of other things don't either. So, if you don't mind, I'll tag along with you on your quest.