Saturday, July 19, 2008

Baby Update

(This is the babe at 7 weeks!!!!!!!)
So my first morning of feeling queasy, usually it's in the afternoon, I got to wake up to a doggy accident in my living room. Brinkley, our English bulldog decided he couldn't hold it, and went to town, thank goodness we have hardwood floors, or I would still be scrubbing. Ya'll can imagine what that did for my upset tummy, it turned circles.

I have my first OB appointment July 30th, and I am so excited!!!!! I can't wait. Of course they will probably be shoving me out of the building after a couple of hours, due to all the questions I plan on asking. I am a dork, I am going to write every thing down.

My mom and I are starting to think that I just might be further along then we thought. I already have a belly!! It's not very big, but you can see it, and it's very firm to the touch. Brent-Boy felt it yesterday morning, and I thought he was going to crawl out of his skin, because he said it felt so weird!! I wonder what he's going to think when it starts to look like I swallowed a basketball?

So, I am hoping that the OB will be able to tell me how far along I am, because I really really want to know!!!!!

Oh and all I want to do is sleep, sleep, sleep. In fact I am surprised I am not asleep right now!!

I will keep ya'll up to date on the baby news, wish me luck for my first appointment!!!!!

12 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Awww! It is so thrilling to see how excited you are!! Go ahead and sleep...it's good for both of you!
These are fun updates, so keep 'em coming! :)

Betsy Brock said...

This is so fun to read about your excitement! Maybe you should be thinking "how many babies" instead of "maybe I'm further along" ???! ha-ha....I can only say that because that's what happened to me when I seemed too big for the weeks.
Love the little picture! Who can look at that little sweet baby with ears, fingers, toes, eyes, ribs and say that it is only a blob of cells and not a person?!
Reminds me of the verse in Psalms..."you knit me together in my mother's womb...I am wonderfully made..." :)

Lady Em said...

I love that verse!!!! I think I might have to put it on my page here. Oh Lord, I don't quite know what I would do if I have twins or more!! Neither one of us have twins that run in our immediate family, so who knows?! I am glad I can share my excitement with ya'll. I am amazed by everything, and the miracle it is!!
I'll keep the updates coming!!
~Em~

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Oh, he or she is so cute at this age!! Sleep! And eat ice cream!

Sometimes It's Good said...

Do what you feel like doing. Sleep is good. It's so exciting to be planning for your new little one! I'm so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Ask away, you dork! That's how you learn!
When I was pregnant, I would grab a timer from the salon and go park at the library and take a nap on my lunch hour. I completely understand! Your body is working hard growing that baby!

Margaret said...

Congrats! All the best!

Carrie said...

I can't wait to here about your Dr. appointment! Don't worry, they expect questions. Mine gave me a big booklet that basicly covered everything and took the wind out of my sales, in a good way.

Tess Kincaid said...

Hey, Em....there's an award waiting for you over at the Manor!

Anonymous said...

Brent-Boy will be much more excited when that second trimester 'let's get it on every second of the day' thing happens...:-)

Lady Em said...

Haha!!!!! That is too funny!!

Rebecca said...

What a precious gift! Enjoy this time of the ultimate feminine experience:-)...Many blessings!