Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Big Ol' Babe In The Belly~


Okay ya'll, I know you want to know!!

Brent-Boy and I went to our first OB appointment today!! After being poked and prodded by needles, which was not very fun due to my gag reflex lately, we had the exam. Now there has been some question about just how far along I am, Brent says 9 weeks, and I say I don't really know. We concluded that my expected due date is March 03, 2009. And this makes for very interesting news, after the exam, the OB told me that it was possible that I might have a 10-12 Ibs. baby!!!!!! What?! I about jumped off the table. Ya'll I am not very big at all, how am I going to have a baby that big? She told me to watch my nutrition, but it's not like I am eating like a football player before the big game here. She said I could push a baby that size out though, I'd rather not push a 12 pounder out though, maybe a 9 pounder. As far as that though I will have more information and pictures and a video tomorrow, since we are getting our first ultra sound tomorrow at 12:15!!!!!! I think she wants to see how far along I am, and make sure everything is A-Okay in there. Brent-Boy and I are super excited, we've bought the video tape that he will convert into DVDs for the family, and we just can't wait!!

Thank you all again for all the sweet comments, and all the baby blessings!!!!!!

5 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

OMGOODNESS!!! I'm so in love with that baby!!!!!!! Oh Emily, I'll love it if it's the size of a beach ball! I really think what she SHOULD have said is that you have good birthing bone structure and can handle a larger babe rather than only a tiny 5 lb. one...I may have to drive down and pop her one for saying that! love you...Dawn

Carrie said...

girl!!!! You are killing me! I've got to wait until tomorrow?!? Arggh!

Don't let the doc freak you out about baby size....You've got a long time to see how the baby grows. If its getting too big, they can induce you so you go early or you can schedule a cesarean. Trust me, it's much better to schedule one than to have to have an emergency one. Both of my sisters had to have emergency cesarean with their first babies (9lb and 9 3/4 each) their 2nd babies were scheduled and the recovery time was much shorter.

No matter what, it's too soon to worry! Hurry with the pictures tomorrow.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Well, jeepers.
I'd try for the 9 pounder and forego the 11. However, I will say that big babies (within reason) are the cutest! But, it's still a ways off, so I'd wouldn't worry too much! Just have fun! Chick fil a milkshakes for all@

Betsy Brock said...

Oh my! How funny is that! Can't wait for the pics tomorrow!

Tess Kincaid said...

Awww! Don't worry I had a 9 pounder and a 10 pounder and lived to tell! ;) I love all these exciting updates!