Sunday, July 13, 2008

No More Sushi For You..........


So I have had the strangest craving for spicy tuna rolls, I mean I am dreaming about them!! And guess what no more sushi, none, nada, zip. I love sushi, and I am a cravings type of girl anyways, so it's driving me nuts, at least I can still have my miso soup though. Another strange thing, very itchy hands and feet. I thought I was just imaging it, so Brent-Boy told me to Google it. Looks like some pregnant women get itchy hands and feet from the hormones that are running like mad through you body when you are preggers. So imagine me sitting here typing this covered in pink calamine lotion, because that is what I look like right about now. What a weird symptom of being pregnant. Did any of ya'll get any strange happenings like this going on when you were expecting?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't you have sushi if it's cooked? Ooh, the mercury in tuna... just remembered. But I think you can have a little of that. I'd double check it. Especially if I had a craving!
I wanted steak occasionally. When I was hungry, clear the room, I had to eat immediately!

Betsy Brock said...

Can't say I've ever craved sushi, pregnant or not! And didn't have the itchy hands or feet. Wouldn't it be nice if you kept craving foods and didn't go through the nausea!....let's keep our fingers crossed (even if yours do have pink lotion on them!)

Tess Kincaid said...

I love, love, love sushi. I like to pick up a package at the grocery store just as a special treat for myself, with lots of that green horseradish sauce. Ummmm. You are making me hungry.

I think you would be able to eat the California roll type, fully cooked.

Ottilias Veranda said...

Well I was hungry in the middle of the night! And everything started to smell diffentently like coffee and smoke...couldn´t stand it!! Natural if You think of it. I wouldn´t recomend sushi!

Liisa

Anonymous said...

I had the itchyness!! You know what helped? Drink some peppermint tea, and roll the used tea bag around on your hands. Um, I'm a very nervous nelly too, and fidget, but that's how I found out this works!

Anonymous said...

Oh! And you can have sushi!! I mean, what do pregnant Japanese women eat?

gracelaced said...

Hi Emily,
Thanks for visiting my blog-- i look forward to getting to know you better. I had to respond to this because I didn't eat raw sushi my first pregnancy either, but now, the last few times, I've completely gotten over the no-sushi rule. You just need to make sure you are going to a reputable and fresh restaurant. Spicy tuna...mmm...9 months is too long!!

Ruth
http://gracelaced.wordpress.com