Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Waiting For Fall....



I am not a big summer fan. I don't know, I guess I just never have been. I can deal with about a month of summer, and then I am ready to skip to fall. Maybe it's because my birthday is in October, or maybe it's the fact that summer in Savannah is like living in a swamp, and as soon as you walk out the door your sweating all the makeup that you just put on off. Or maybe it's the fact that when fall rolls around, the air gets a crisp cool smell, the leaves crinkle under your feet, the fall candles are lit and smell up the house with comfort smells, and the Georgia games start. I really have a thing for fall in case ya'll didn't notice. So a couple more months of summer, the dog days are almost here, the hot hot days, and then fall will be here soon!! I can't wait to bombard the Yankee Candle store for fall scents, decorate the house, leave the screen door open for the house to get cool, drink hot chai lattes, and carve pumpkins!!

(These are pictures I found of fall in Georgia!!)

6 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Meeeee TOO! It's amazing to find someone who feels the same way. Summer should last one month max. I just hate the heat. Most people up here live for the summer. And I love, love, love fall. My birthday month, too. October 20. What's yours?

Rebecca said...

LOL!!! Me three and my birthday is in November...I love autumn colors and scents...

To help pass the time, how about a game of tag? Willow tagged me for a fun game of 7 current favorite summer tunes and now I'm tagging you. Here's what you need to do to play along: List 7 songs that you are listening to right now( for the summer). They can be from any genre at all. List them on your blog and then tag 7 others to do the same.

Betsy Brock said...

Me Four!!!! I've had enough summer....I want the cool breezes flowing through the open windows...comfort food....sweaters and jeans! Maybe we can all wish it into being? :)

Sometimes It's Good said...

Where I live it doesn't get cool until about Nov. I would like summer if it stayed about 80 degrees. It's been hot here since April. Global warming is horrible.

Lady Em said...

Willow my birthday is the 20th too!! How funny is that? I think that is so cool.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I know what you mean about Savannah in the summer! It feels like moss is growing on all your appendages! And fall has sweaters! And boots! And gloves!