Sunday, July 6, 2008

Can I please have a cat? A big, fat cat?





When I was little, Dr. Doolittle was one of my favorite movies. I guess it stuck with me, because our house is much like a small zoo. We have three dogs, that are more like children, four turtles, a ton of fish, three tree crabs, and now baby frogs. And now I want a cat!! I grew up with cats, and I've had a ton. Brent-Boy however is highly allergic to them though. One of my very best friends has a Maine coon cat, and I just found out that my sister has a Maine coon as well, and I want to jump on the bandwagon!! I don't know if ya'll have ever seen a Maine coon but they are HUGE!! They seem to have a quirky personality to. My friend and my sister's cat both chirp like a bird, and not very often do they meow.
Basically ya'll I just want a cat, just one. Brent-Boy's mom, Mrs. Dawn over at The Feathered Nest
has two Devon-Rex cats, Thelma and Chester. They are hypoallergenic, because a lot of the boys are allergic. They have the softest fur, almost like down fur, and they to have quite a personality as well!!
So Maine-coon, or Devon-Rex, I want to complete the zoo here at the house, and finally get my cat!!

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Emily, you are such a sweet animal lover!! I can so see you with a Devon Rex too! They do seem to get along with dogs pretty good. Now we have Brad's cat, Paxton so we have our own zoo here!!! miss you, xxoo, Dawn (dogs, cats, hamster, bird, fish...kids)

Unknown said...

I love my three cats. They are no particular breed, but are definitely all cat. (Aggravating things!)

Sometimes It's Good said...

Who is holding that huge, furry lion? I have three cats and a dog who thinks he's a cat, too. It's a lot of fun and love to have them.

Tess Kincaid said...

Is that huge furry one in the picture a Maine-coon cat? I've never heard of them. Our kids had tons of cats growing up.

Lady Em said...

I don't know who that is holding the cat, I just wanted to show ya'll how massive they get. That is a Maine-Coon to. Isn't it crazy? They get HUGE!! I love it. Of course if I got one it would soon be the size of my dogs, and I don't know how they would feel about that!!

Betsy Brock said...

I don't blame you a bit! We had 18 years of cats and then got a rabbit when the last cat died. I'm convinced we have at least one cat ghost. I see him at least once a week! We have parakeets, fish, and a rabbit at the present time....yes, a zoo! Best wishes for a hypoallergenic cat in your neat future...and a relaxing vacation! :)