Thursday, July 31, 2008

The New Little Beekeeper~


Today was the ultrasound!!!!!

I woke up this morning after a not so pleasant night of a bad headache and throw up session last night, but that couldn't keep my spirits down. First let me say that we had the BEST ultra sound nurse who explained every single thing to me without me even having to ask!!!!!! That is a big deal for me ya'll, because I want to know it all. She dimmed the lights and Brent and I got a front row seat to the first appearance of the babe. The first thing I saw was the little heart just a beating away, and I started crying a laughing like a mad women, but I was so very amazed by this little miracle and seeing him/her for the first time, seeing a beating heart and a growing baby inside of me is the most amazing and most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

One shocker though, was finding out that I am not 9 weeks, nor am I further along. I am only 6.5 weeks!!!!!!!! Can you believe that? The crown to rump measurements showed how far along I am and I was shocked. I got over it though, I'll have to do a little back tracking in my books, but I don't want to rush it, and I'm going to try to stop being such a worry wort and just enjoy my first pregnancy, morning sickness and all. She told me that everything looked perfect, and she took the time to show me what and where everything was, and most of all she gave me the sense of comfort that I was looking for. I can't tell ya'll how amazing this lady was!!

On a pretty funny side note, she said I had an anatomically correct uterus that's picture could go in a text book, and then she turned to Brent-Boy and told him he should just keep me pregnant all the time because this is what I was made to do!! We had a good laugh about that, of course I can't think about another babe until this one gets through "cooking" as my mama says, although Brent-Boy has brought it up several times.

So that is about it ya'll. I am going to get Brent-Boy to convert the video to DVD or the Internet so I can post it in the next couple of days and you all can watch this little blessing from God. I feel so so blessed and I am so so thankful, words almost can not explain how I feel!!!!!!

And as Willow says, here is the new little beekeeper!!


(The top of the picture is not an alien head, thank goodness, but the yolk sac. Underneath that is the babe, crown to rump.)

7 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Yay! It IS a miracle and it's fun to share your excitement! That little bee looks tiny and perfect!
So sweet! There's nothing like this feeling so enjoy every minute! :)

Rae said...

Awwww. I'm glad everything's good, even if you're not as far along as you thought.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I'm so glad everything went so well, and just love the photo of the swaddled little one! Happy day!

Tess Kincaid said...

Awwww!!! Little Beekeeper's first picture! This is too exciting. I am so happy for you and Brent...you two are going to be such good parents.

x o Willow

Carrie said...

Woot! I'm so glad l'l beekeeper's health and on track. Isn't that little heart beat awesome? 6 1/2 weeks? So you'll get to meet baby bee at the end of March. I can't wait to see the video. Big Hugs!

Unknown said...

sigh...
It's going to be so hard to wait. What a sweet lil bee.I'm like you. I want to know everything!
sweet, sweet, sweet!
love and hugs to you my dear!

Anonymous said...

anatomically correct uterus!!!! That is the compliment of the century!!!! Hahahahaha, I love that nurse...