Monday, July 21, 2008

One Nervous Nelly Makes A Break For The Movies.


So I have to tell ya'll, I have been one nervous nelly lately. I don't know what it is, first mommy thing and work probably. We've recently had some serious changes at work, and we decided to start a home office and work for one company after being jostled around between several companies for the past four months. So work has been on unstable ground, which will always put you on high alert, especially if you are in sells. And then just waiting and waiting and feeling like next Wednesday will never come, and wanting to know so much, (one of the biggest things is just knowing the baby is A-okay hanging out in the womb), and wanting to ask all the questions that I have, well more like grilling the doctor on the next eight months. I don't know if it is first time mommy stuff that I am just going to have to go through or not. Ya'll tell me?

So this nervous nelly made a break for the movies tonight. Now generally you couldn't drag me to the movies. If something interesting is coming on the History, National Geographic, of Discovery channel, I would much rather curl up on the couch with the dogs, a steaming cup of hot tea, and King Tut if I had it my way, but Brent-Boy is a film major, and going to the movies is a must around here. And the new batman it was, The Dark Knight, and I have to say I was very very impressed. Especially for one girl who has never really gotten into the comic thing. Now I have to say I liked the first one with Christian Bale alot, it was very good, but this one takes the prize, amazing. And I know it's been said before but Heath Ledger did an awesome performance. I was blown away by it. In fact I walked out of the theater saying "my he played an awesome crazy mad man, and he was scary." It was sad though watching the movie knowing that we won't be able to see him in a movie again, knowing that not only did we as an audience lose a great actor, but also lost a great person I am sure. So seeing this movie was enough to take my mind off, well, my mind. And I got a little break from driving myself nutty, and Brent-Boy got a break from me wandering around the house obsessing about every little thing. That is by the way my favorite thing to do when I am nervous or stressed.

So if you haven't seen it yet, and if you are like me, take a break from the History Channel or put the book down just for a little while and go see this movie. Hey it helped one nervous nelly.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait to see it!! So glad you recommend it :-)

Rae said...

I LOVED the movie! It might even have been as good as Batman Begins, which is surprising. Ledger was superb.

Good for you for getting out of the house. :-)

Rebecca said...

We're heading to the cinema on Friday to see this and I can't wait!

Tess Kincaid said...

My son saw this last night and he said it was fabulous!

Betsy Brock said...

My son saw it and said it was the best ever! I posted a cute little vintage postcard that I think you would like to see today! :)

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I did exactly the same thing yesterday! I too, was stressed and decided to grab my husband and escape for a while, and you are right... Heath Ledger is worth the price of admission. Honestly, I didn't expect to enjoy the movie, but I did!

The Feathered Nest said...

Chase and Noah went to see it Saturday night and LOVED it Emily! I hope you're feeling good sweetie, don't fret so much...enjoy these moments you're with child, they will fly by in the blink of an eye!!! Missing you all so much, I love you all, Dawn

Mrs. Fox said...

I saw it recently yoo and really enjoyed it. I'm always amazed when they manage to work a little philosophy into an action flick. You are absolutely right, Heath Ledger's performance was jaw dropping.